Dillon's Dialogue

You are spirit filled believers that call upon His name for comfort, peace, hope, and healing. "...But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." I Corinthians 15:57

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Update from Elaine

Dear Friends and Family,

Just wanted to let you know that Kate did have a RBC transfusion on Monday. Our appointment at Children's was at 9:30 am and we finally got home at 4:45 pm. It was a long day, but Kate and I enjoy just sharing that time together. Because of previous allergic reactions to the blood products, they give Kate Benadryl prior to the transfusion. This always wipes her out and makes her a little on the edge.
*Please ask that with the RBC transfusion, the respite for now from the radiation and the fact that next week will be her week off of chemo before the next dose that Kate's energy level will pick up.

We learned yesterday that Kate has another UTI. That only increases her fatique level. She has had to miss part of the school day both yesterday and today due to the discomfort and increased fatique associated with the UTI.
*Please ask the that doctors will have wisdom into the cause of the recurring UTI's. There are questions as to whether these could be related in some way to the tumors and nerves they may be pressing on.
*Please also ask for special comfort for Kate, as she has been very down the last couple days about the reality that she must once more face losing some or possibly all of her hair.

Maggie continues to score a couple of points each basketball game-which always brings a smile of delight to her face.
We are thrilled that her ballet teacher of years past, has come back to teaching. She is a wonderful Christian woman, who Maggie adores. We are thankful to have this special person back in Maggie's life. She loves Maggie well and is very sensitive to the fact that this is quite a road for Maggie to journey as well.

I am enjoying being back in the classroom and substituting again. Our school is a real source of encouragement and support for the girls and me.
As for sleep...with the arrival of Grace my sleep needs are even more challenged. I thought it would be easier to let a puppy cry herself to sleep than it was to let my girls as babies cry themselves to sleep.. While I have remained firm in not taking her out of her cage, I have found myself sitting on the floor next to the cage in the middle of the night and calming her back to sleep. It's a good thing she's so cute :)

We are also thankful to have my Mom and Dad back in town, after they had been on their Alaskan cruise to celebrate their 50th.
*Praise for parents who are a real support and help on all levels for the girls and me.

Again, thank you to each of you for being there in countless ways for Kate, Maggie, and me. Emails, card and phone call come just when we need them most. Your prayers are sustaining us.

Love,
Elaine, Kate and Maggie

7 Comments:

  • At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Elaine,Kate, Maggie,& Grace,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I think Kate and Maggie looked especially beautiful on that first day of school.
    In Him,
    Terri

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Jill Pole said…

    Elaine, Kate, and Maggie!! I'm so glad to see that you've joined the Blogverse. :-) I'm praying for all of you and SO wish I could come, give you long hugs and take you out for a "ladies lunch!"

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Jill Pole said…

    I totally forgot to mention that this is Dee Anne. :-) "Jill Pole" is my internet alias. :-) Love you!

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ladies, you are in our thoughts and prayers throughout our days. we sure love you! sam & jessica

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Ariel said…

    Hi E!
    I talked to Niki and she said that their vet said that putting the dog's kennel up on a chair where she can see you in bed will probably help her not feel so lonely. It worked for Niki and Frank with their new puppy Giana.
    Hope this helps!
    Rachel P.
    (Ariel is my internet alias!)

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Some old guy in Colorado said…

    Hi folks,

    I like puppies like Grace. They taste just like chicken.

    OK, so there's one person who will write crazy things to you - guess who. Kate, you rock, Elaine, you are a rock, and Maggie, you're the cutest pebble on the beach.

    Always praying...

    Tom

     
  • At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Elaine, Kate Maggie and Grace,

    You are always in my heart and prayers are ever raising. Hang in there Kate, you are one very strong young lady.

    Maggie, I am impressed with your basketball talents. Keep it up and know that you are sunshine.

    Elaine, God gives you Grace every day and you are "Blessed". I am here if you need anything. I just got back from a convention in Orlando and you all are in my heart and prayers.

    I need to see this "Grace" in person.
    Love
    Patti K

     

Post a Comment

<< Home