Dillon's Dialogue

You are spirit filled believers that call upon His name for comfort, peace, hope, and healing. "...But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." I Corinthians 15:57

Monday, October 11, 2010

RHS Homecoming 2010

It's just so much fun to raise girls and get to watch them dress up for special dances and events through their high school years. How fun it was to have enjoyed those years with Kate and now to do it for the second time around with Maggie. I always marvel when Maggie, my sweet, casual girl who loves to wear sweats and t-shirts dresses up and looks so beautiful. Kate and I have so much fun fussing over our low maintenance Maggie.... doing her hair, make up and even coaxing her to wear earrings for the occasion. It was a beautiful fall weekend and Maggie and her friend Bryson had a great time at homecoming.
Fall seems to be flying... I have been blessed with a long term sub position to start the school year. I am teaching 7th and 8th grade English for the same teacher that I did last fall. I enjoy working with middle school students and it's nice teaching the same classes that I did last year. Between fall weddings and the various high school homecomings and doing a Pittsburgh area bridal show, it's been a busy fall working at the flower shop as well.
Both girls are off to a good start in the junior years. Kate's courses this semester are really beginning to focus on her social work major. The junior year of high school is always a heavy academic load. Maggie seems ready for the challenge and is also enrolled in a college level psychology course through Penn State.
Our fall has truly been fabulous so far. I am overwhelmed by God's nearness, provision and hand upon every aspect of our lives. The words of Chris Tomlin's newest song "Our God" seem to sum up the sense of awe and wonder in my heart ...there truly is none like our God.
Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome in power
Our God, Our God…
Blessings to you and yours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home