Dillon's Dialogue

You are spirit filled believers that call upon His name for comfort, peace, hope, and healing. "...But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." I Corinthians 15:57

Monday, April 02, 2007

Reflecting on God's word

MRI's always weigh heavy on my heart and mind. I was encouraged and comforted by the devotion I read this morning. God knew just what I needed. The words I read today reminded me that as we face tomorrow afternoon's MRI, God never sends us into a situation alone. He always precedes us in any situation we encounter. He is prepared to meet our every need because He goes before us and knows exactly what we will need. I especially love the fact that not only does God go before us, but He also stands beside us and behind us, to provide protection and comfort. God is always present. How assuring it is to know that He is fully aware of what we are facing, and He is actively responding to our needs. There is nowhere that we can go and no situation that we face that we will not find Christ waiting for us to join Him.

These were good words for me on this eve of Kate's MRI. Perhaps they will also be an encouragement to some of you who are struggling with some difficult circumstances. There is assurance and comfort, knowing no matter what we face, we are hemmed in on all sides by God's presence.

Thank you for interceding on Kate's behalf for this MRI.

Surrounded by grace,
Elaine

2 Comments:

  • At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are the evidence of God's promises.....He will keep in perfect peace all who trust in Him, whose thoughts are fixed on Him! Isaiah 26:3 God Reigns!

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When you talk about God standing beside or behind you, it reminds me of the benediction one of the many pastors, from my church growing up, used to close each service.

    Slightly paraphrased by my aging memory it went: You can leave this Church but you can never leave the House of God, He goes behind you to keep you from falling, in front of you as your guide, beside you as your companion and beneath you as your strength, now and forever more. Amen

    I often think of this as I go thru my daily life, and I know it holds true in your lives as well.

    Have a very Blessed Easter

     

Post a Comment

<< Home